Wednesday, August 31, 2011

God's Love

On the first day of class I came in not really sure what to expect.  I had switched classes late on Sunday night because I was feeling uncomfortable with my schedule as it was.  I am so glad I did.  I really enjoy Brother Griffin’s teaching style.  What I really want to reflect on from this week though is Heavenly Father’s love.
We were talking about the Plan of Salvation on Monday.  We talked about how when the Father asked for volunteers to be the Savior we must have all looked apprehensively at the Jesus hoping that He would take the job.  He responded “Here am I, send me.” (Abraham 3:27)  Brother Griffin put up a quote by Neal A. Maxwell where he points at that “Never has one individual offered to do so much for so many with so few words.”  I thought that was a brilliant quote that really changed the way I look at all “great” acts in history.
Next Brother Griffin went on to explain that Lucifer then stood up and said that he could make us all come to Earth and be good so that we could return to live with the Father, but he wanted the glory for making it happen.  Then Brother Griffin gave one of the most profound and beautiful statements about Heavenly Father that I have ever heard.  I couldn’t write down the exact quote, but he said something like this “If Satan’s plan could have possibly worked Heavenly Father, God, being the man that He is would have stepped off of His throne and allowed Lucifer to bring us all back to Him.”
We know that Lucifer’s plan couldn’t possibly have worked.  We needed to come to Earth to become a God ourselves, not just to get back to the Father.  We started out with Him, why would we need to leave just to come back?  “The purpose of the Plan is to become something (state of being) and to get somewhere (location).” – Brother Griffin
Knowing that’s what needed to happen Heavenly Father could not allow Lucifer to take the glory and bring us all back.  I prayed about it and had it confirmed to me that even if Satan could have guaranteed that one person, me, could return to Him (and like Him) He would have stepped down and allowed Satan to make it happen.
I’ve always known that I am a child of God and that He loves me individually more than I can even begin to comprehend, but in the moment that prayer was answered I felt His love stream through me like a fire.  I want to testify to whoever reads this that He loves YOU.  And I want you to know that I love Him.  I am so happy to be His son and to know that truth of His presence and how to communicate with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment