Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pearls of Wisdom - The Santa Teresa Ward Sisters

The Sisters came to my house on Thursday for lunch.  I made them each a salad and gave them some imported chocolate.  Afterwards we went into the living room and they taught me a lesson.  They had me put some “Magic Goo” in my hand.  If I let it sit in my palm it turned to liquid and would slip through my fingers, but if I kept it moving with my hands it stayed a solid and it wouldn’t t fall through my fingers.  If I stopped manipulating it, even for just a second, it turned back into a liquid and fell out of my hands.
They told me that this is like the Gospel.  If we build our lives around the gospel and then leave our testimonies static then our testimony and everything we’ve centered our lives on would start to slip through our fingers.  It’s a way that I had never really heard this lesson and I’m glad I had a chance to have them teach me this.  We’re told all the time that if we aren’t taking steps to make our testimonies grow then it is diminishing, but we forget to connect that to the rest of our lives.  When we build our entire lives around what we believe and then forget to nourish that belief then we lose that foundation.
I will build my life around this gospel and I will continually work to make what I believe stand firm and not let it slip away.  I love this church and I hope to never need to watch my life slip away because I’ve forgotten to believe.  I hope we are all able to nourish what we believe and keep our lives firmly planted on the solid foundation that we have built for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment