Saturday, March 16, 2013

Inspirational Women of Faith

I am constantly inspired by women.  Especially women of faith.  Watch this video:

 

Three of the most inspirational women that I know are my mom, my sister, and my friend Jenny.
 
Jenny: Jenny is one of those people who has always known what the right choice is and has diligently saught to achieve that goal.  She is smart, funny, and driven.  She constantly strives to know the will of Heavenly Father and to draw closer to Him.  She is one of the most humble and meek people that I know.  That doesn't mean that she is quiet and lets people walk all over her, (because that is the world's meaning of those words) but rather she is keenly aware of her dependence of the Lord and constantly seeks to be righteous and obedient enough to accept the path that she is guided down even if it is a really hard one.  She does this because she understands that God's path may not always be the easiest but it is always, always the best.  She is a great example of courage in how she always reaches towards her potential and anything in her life that is not in line with what she wants/needs to become she is unafraid to root it out and let it go.
 
Channing: She is my little sister and I so dearly love her.  I don't always express it as well as I should, but I hope that she knows that she means the world to me.  It was said by the Savior "Blessed are the peacemakers" and more than any other quality I think that this describes my sister.  In this imperfect world we live in we are so often surrounded by contention and distractions but Channing is always the first one to try to mediate.  She takes on so much more responsibility than someone as young as she is should need to and she does it with so much poise that I often find my prideful self a little bothered at her ability to perceive and divert contention before it reaches a peak.  My sister is truly a great example of courage in how she enters heated situations because she know that the Lord does not want loud voices and anger in our homes.
 
My Mom:  How does one begin to describe their own mother?  When I was 10 my family had fallen apart and my wonderful aunt came to me at a family reunion and told me that she had a dream about me joining her family and then she invited me to come live with her family.  At the time I thought it would be fun to go to California because I had never been before, but that one invitation has changed my life more than any other that I am aware.  Almost everything that I have done or become is because of that beautiful aunt.  After a few years they adopted me and she has become my mom.  I am far from perfect and in the times I have wandered she was always there layering my hard heart in love and wisdom so that when my heart broke the only thing there to fill the cracks would be that love.  She has difficult children but she seldom loses her temper and she works to diligently help each of them to grow closer to each other and to our Father in Heaven.  She cooks, cleans, and does all of that temporal stuff to provide, but the things that she does for us emotionally and spiritually are far beyond words or lists to describe them.  She is such a wonderful example of courage in the way that she diligently does the basics in the Gospel and never has questioned the truth of it even when times are hard.  She is courageous when she confronts about a good choice (but not the best choice) for my life and knowing I'll be upset she points this out to me anyway.  Thank you mom for always watching out for me.
 
Each of us is surrounded by powerful and amazing women.  I challenge each of you to find one in your life and let them know of your feelings for them.
 
Drew

1 comment: